Monday, October 12, 2009

Monday Morning Thoughts

Sorry for the lack of posts this last few weeks, between my shoulder and some really exciting things coming on the horizon, time just seems to be slipping by a bit quicker than usual! How about a quickie of exciting news to keep you salivating though?

1. RACES! I know, I know, everyone is crossing it up right now, but if you are still wanting MTB FUN, then hit up the Hollister Hills MTB race this weekend or if you are feeling like a drive then go to NorCal for the final round of the series in Weaverville. Either way it's pretty much a win-win situation! We will be heading to NorCal as Bri, Brett, Shelly and I are doing pretty darn good in the points, so why not try to wrap up another title before years end right? I think Nathan and some others are staying local and giving the "new venue" a run at Hollister.

2. Cross! Over the weekend, I heard that Shelly Won, which is not surprising. In her first year she is pretty much killing the B class and would be real close to the front of the A class, too. Just shows that Fun Size is not a limiting factor!

Also, apparently there was some trash talking between Erik E and Aaron for grand supremacy of the CX track (perhaps more being shoveled by Erik since Aaron seems to only speak occasionally to infrequently). Regardless, Erik showed up in corduroys and a t shirt. Aaron showed up and took off from the field in his OnSite kit. Erik cramped. Aaron gaped the field and finally battled with some vacuum cleaner guy who by nature of his sponsor is obligated to clean up. In the end Aaron narrowly lost to said Bissel rider (Andy Jacques-Mayne) which I think is an admirable defeat. Well, certainly more noble than trash talking, cramping, pulling out and muttering something about "needing to train"...Don't worry Erik, we all still love you and your sweet custom bikes!

3. For the readers that know I love dirt bike racing, the ISDE (International Six Day Enduro) started today and it's basically the Olympics/world championships of off road riding. 7-8 hours a day on the moto over some of the most treacherous and gnarly terrain you can imagine. Two of my friends from NorCal are doing great and I don't know how I will be getting any more work done today between blog posting and following the international websites that track the race...Oh well, at least it only lasts for 6 days and unlike my baseball fanatic friends I don't loose a whole "season" of work!

Lastly, it looks like rain is on the way! YES! Perfect trails, "Belgium like training rides" on the road bike and maybe, just maybe a little motorized scooter fun on the Moto's! YES!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't get it... the ISDE is for MEN... not little peddle pushing children. For the past year you have proven you have NOTHING in commen with them. You watching the ISDE is like me watching the Mr. Olympia...