Saturday, October 18, 2008

Winning..... or not....

This is Bri at Santa Barbara for the second race. That's me in the pink!! (3rd Back) My arch nemesis is the first one on the left in the white!! Grrrr.. I was winning the race until I started having bike problems. I blew the seal on the rear shock while practicing the day before, it was still working then. During the race it got even worse, covered my bike in grease and wouldn't lock out. Then as I was ripping down this hill, a guy had crashed and was getting him and his bike back on the course and he jumped out in front of me. His camel back caught my jersey and threw me to the ground. It was my first crash in a race and I could have killed him!!! I was still winning until more problems with the bike.... the chain dropped 3 times on the back of the course where there was some climbing and that is where 2nd place caught me. It was a great race, I was doing really well and was pretty happy that I lead the first lap!



No comments: