Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Lemurian or Santa Ynez?

For us, there is no question. Lemurian is the way to go...check out the course profile at:

www.shastalemurian.org

This race pretty much only rivals D-Ville as an epic adventure with loads of climbing, gnarly downs, and all of the challenges and obstacles necessary to test our mountain bike skills. Sweet!

The Kenda Cup is back to Santa Ynez where I fried the eggs for my breakfast on the hood of my truck last year. Yup, it was even hotter than Sea Otter last weekend...if you can believe that! While the baked hills were ok and the Cup Circus is really quite well run and fun, I am once again lured away by the promise of better adventuring at Shasta! Plus, if it's hot there, you can jump in the lake!

Actually, at this point, I think most of us are just trying to recover from the adventures of Sea Otter. Most everyone I know is either still dehydrated or cramped to the point of hobbling instead of walking...well everyone except Shelly who I think inked a deal with Scott for the World Cups :)

That's it for tonight. Gotta go repair Bri's bike and polish up her sweet new Cobalt Wheels. Man those are some good looking hoops!

No comments: