Wednesday, June 17, 2009

This sucks...

Wow, I'll bet our 3 faithful readers are tired of reading about squirrel guts! Sorry guys, we actually were fortunate enough to sell 2 houses, so it's been quite busy coordinating all of the escrow work and getting to a successful closing, but so far 1 down and 1 to go, so things are looking up!

Other than that, let's see how many random topics I can cover in the next 90 seconds of typing before I have to leave to show property...

Looks like our favorite Pro Girl Krista (see the link over on the right side) put in another solid ride at the Teva games. Nice! If you haven't checked out her blog, you should do so.

I was pretty pumped to see Max Plaxton win the ProXCT race last weekend. Not because I am a huge fan of Max (don't really know the guy) BUT, I AM A FAN of BAD ASS RACING! And it sounds to me like the "canadian pass" (I call those lines the "A LINE!") he put on JHK is the type of stuff that get's a redneck dirt bike racer all hot and bothered! Imagine a mountain bike race won by SKILL!!!??? Holy crap, who would have guessed...

Not only that but our own local(?) Aaron Bradford made the trek out to Colorado and in a pack of 100ish Pro riders he put in a solid 30th place finish. Wow. That is just ANOTHER top finish for Aaron at the big races. That's just plain cool.

On the local note, me, Bri and Shelly made it up to Reno for some fun MTB riding at a little bit of elevation over the weekend and we were fortunate enough to find a sweet new EPIC ride loop! The 3 hour ride started in rain, got into mud so thick that it stopped our tires from turning (I NEVER thought that was possible, even though I had heard about it. Believe me, IT IS!) and just when the sun was brightest and the views were most scenic I stuck a 4" nail through my tire! The best part is that was only the beginning of the fun! As we pedaled past minute 161 the skies let loose with a torrent of rain and hail like NOTHING I HAVE EVER SEEN!

We are talking SOAKED TO THE BONE and FROZEN colder than Nancy Pelosi's heart! INSTANTLY! It was SO COLD! Fortunately, the ride home turned out to be uphill...I've never been so happy to pedal uphill to build some core temperature! We made it home still shaking and shivering from being cold and it took about 30m of hot, steaming shower before feeling normal again. Ahhhh, good times can always be counted on as long as you have your mountain bike!

No comments: