Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Race Recap...Sort Of...

Man, so many races, so many lame reports! How about this, a quickie wrap up using a bunch of pictures from the previous race and some random comments...

First off, Nathan was inquiring about the string of recently adequate finishes that I have managed to put up on the board. Well, the reason for that is SIMPLE! I cannot or course reveal the exact secret with pictures just yet, but why everyone isn't running gaudy, lame, "hook-em-horns" on the end of their bars is beyond me. No bonus points for the trick, zippy carbon ones either. We are talking old school elephant ears hangin' off your bars are the KEY!

In the morning race, Bri and Rainey went to battle and were neck and neck the whole way. The most interesting note I found was that their times were fast enough to place about 20th overall...out of 80 morning racers. Wow, that's pretty strong girls! Emily also showed her usual determination, pedaling to victory despite another kiss with the ground. Good job girl!

Sexy man Travis had some bizarre luck and unfortunately had to push back to the pits. If I know anything about Travis though, he was probably thinking "at least I will be REALLY fresh for an EPIC COE ride tomorrow!"

Brett put in a solid finish in the afternoon race with a 5th. Steve Kelley not only rode to another top finish, but as usual was a presence all day long and very helpful in lending a supportive hand to the cause with moral support, bottle toss, and tools for me when I needed them!

Awesome picture of "Wild William Clevenger!" Oh man, I would had to line up next to him, he looks like he would just as soon chew your legs off with his teeth! Instead he usually chooses to do so with his riding, leaving most of the class in his wake on way to another top finish as well...only a few seconds out of 3rd, nice!


Other than that, I think Joselyn's got a ton more podiums in the Pro class with Greg, 35+ with Alex (the dominator!) and Mark (can we please have more pavement), me in the 34- class and Jeff Linder brought it home despite being taken out, hitting the dirt, and completing an EPIC road ride that I could never even comprehend only a few days prior! Wow, we really have some talented riders here in little 'ol Monterey...


Only 2 more rounds to go! Don't miss the finals!

No comments: