Friday, May 29, 2009

Deaths and Crashing...

Wow, how's that for a catchy title? Time is short since we are swamped at work right now, but, I am compelled to share (and possibly provide WARNING!) about recent events involving me and my bike. The following is true and graphic. Viewer discretion is advised...

So I've only ridden my bike twice this week other than the infamous crash fest captured by Bri the new found talent in video-ography, and each time I am sad to say, I may have cut short the life of a small four legged creature. Tuesday nights road bike ride was going well as I pedaled along the bike trail at a comfortable 18mph, when OUT OF NO WHERE a squirrel darted in front of me! Good thing I always hold on tight, because those fat little suckers can put a hitch in your giddy up! In a split second I wondered:
A. Will I crash now?
B. Will I slice the poor little guy in half?
C. HOW in the heck did he get screwed into hitting BOTH my front and REAR wheel!?

He scurried off pretty quickly, so perhaps my instinctual "bunny (squirrel?) - hop" maybe relieved some of the crushing force. Or perhaps he didn't want to look like a sissy in front of his squirrel buddies that I have observed seem to make a habit out of darting in front of unsuspecting cyclists on the bike path. Well, I hope they remember the Screaming Red Rocket of Doom!!! No more darting in front of me please. Hopefully, the little guy just has a bad limp...

THEN, last night on the MTB, after avoiding SEVERAL trail obstacles, I finally couldn't figure out which way this HUGE lizard was going to zig-zag and try as I may (even inducing another "lizard-hop") I think I may have run over this one, too! Sheesh! 2 days, 2 incidents!

BUT THAT's NOT THE WORST PART...

I am VERY worried that this trend will persist. My next ride occurring Saturday morning at the race. Hmmm, if I were a beginner, I would be VERY scared to see the 'ol #712 warming up on the course!!! Consider yourself warned!

Lastly, I know we all got a real good kick out my no-talent-clown maneuver on Monday. I thought it would be enjoyable for ME to now laugh at others expense...and there was certainly no shortage from the last CCCX race! A few of my personal favorites...

I think Superman had his landings a bit more dialed in than this...


Taken from the comedy "dude where's my car" we now have "dude, where's my bike!?"


This is how it starts...

This is how it ends...Boy can I relate!
That's all for now folks. Happy racing, riding and watching out for the tread pattern of the #712 coming across your unsuspecting face...

No comments: