Thursday, August 27, 2009

Tahoe 100


I'm in. This may be a really stupid maneuver on my part, but I have plenty of friends that have known me through my racing career that could point out similarly idiotic "whims" that have led to both great outcomes and those that you wish you had never encountered in the first place! If this Roadie poser can do it...

Regardless, this race was NEVER really a "whim". Last year I thought "man it would be cool to ride 100 miles on my mountain bike". I still think that today. However, this race kind of went off the radar and then when the blip reappeared it was mostly in the form of the 50. Well, thank Jeff Linder for being the catalyst in reigniting my passion here. The guy is a legend and how can I let him suffer alone for the day right? Plus, I KNOW I can ride 50 miles. Riding 100? Well, I could just as easily cramp into oblivion and fall on my face right? You gotta love the "unknown" allure of it all, or at least you gotta love it if you are me.

Anyone else wishing to test their endurance should click here soon, because I understand it is filling up. So far, I've suckered the speediest Smurfette in the kingdom (Shelly Monroe - as if you didn't know!), the aforementioned, multi-time 24 hour solo champ (Jeff Linder) and my buddy Travis who scoffs at sissy rides and is on the fence pending some family obligations. I'm not sure how my name ended up in the same breathe as these great riders, but that's why they invented Red Bull right? Wings. I'll need 'em!

The countdown is on...16 days to build some endurance!

No comments: