Monday, November 10, 2008

Sunday Morning Group Ride


Here is a picture of Travis Brian and I in our Hammer gear, notice mine is pink. :) So yesterday morning was my (Bri's) first group ride with the Joselyn's crew. I thought that it would be like our Thursday night ride that was about 15 miles, longer than I normally go, but it wasn't too bad. Well I WAS TOTALLY WRONG! It was 2 1/2 hours, 22.6 miles of pain!! It was a lot of climbing and I had to try to keep up with those expert and solid sport riders. Don't forget that I am just a BEGINNER! Well I don't think that I will be a beginner for very long if I train with the smurfs (aka the Joselyn's team with blue kits and helmets) :) I ran out of water and I totally bonked, luckily thanks to Alex, he gave me some juice that helped get me back to the trucks. I was spent, it was the longest ride that I have ever done on a mountain bike ride before. I guess it is time to step it up. Look out Sport riders!

No comments: