Sunday, July 26, 2009

Great Weekend!

Wow, 1 weekend after Colorado and we are getting settled back into things and caught up on all that "stuff" that was put on hold for a week...even if Bri says my paperwork piles spread across the living room floor are messy, I like to think of it as "organized" confusion...


We were fortunate enough to have Bri's little sister and friend come down to hang out and I didn't realize that teenagers could be such angels! Fully cooked gourmet dinners, dishes washed, cleaned kitchen...is this a sign that kids aren't the devil off-spring that I always preach they are? Maybe I shouldn't threaten them that if they don't cater to us hand and foot then we will make them sleep outside and become mountain lion food! Good times girls!

Sunday was super fun as we attended an annual party at our new friends house in Capitola that coincides with the wharf-to-wharf run. Over 4th of July weekend we were riding the epic "Hole in the Ground" trail when we ran into Dick who had lost touch with his wife and son while riding and had decided to embark on his own epic ride of 4+ hours! When he rode up to us I immediately commandeered his brand new 29er Stumpjumper in exchange for my cell phone (I thought it was a fair trade!). Anyhow, long story short, Dick still had plenty of strength left to ride out on the proper trail and we all had a great time finishing up the ride and getting him back to his relieved wife and son.

Fast forward a few weeks and we were enjoying a DELICIOUS breakfast complete with fruit, eggs and home cooked pizza...YUM! Not only great food, but an incredibly cool house, very nice friends and more good times had by all. Thanks for the great day and we are looking forward to some riding in August guys!

The rest of the afternoon was spent in the Bat Cave working on the Red Rocket. 4 hours later I had changed tires, cleaned the drive train, greased the bottom bracket, installed new brake cable and housing and topped it all off with fresh bar tape. I would say 4 hours every 4 years is definitely a fair exchange of fun/maintenance factor! Now she is ready to RIP!

I didn't get out on the Moto like I wanted this weekend, but I am certain that it will happen soon!

If you are ever in BFE Utah, don't miss the DINOSAUR MUSEUM!!! MORE GOOD TIMES!



Brian is real good at sneaking up on those herbivores!


Sometimes Brett spouts big horns like his long lost cousin!

Bri is teaching T-Rex some tricks of the trade!

No comments: