Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Cheaters and Liars Prosper!


Just look at A-Rod! Now, I can state right off the bat (get it, stick and ball sports...) that I am NOT a fan of these sporting affairs, but I AM however as smart as your average tool shed shovel, and this I know for sure:

Why would I lust after professional cycling where my hero's are tagged, bagged, and stuffed BEFORE the PROOF is even out of some clumsy lab assistant's hands...


WHEN I COULD BE...


...A multi-millionaire PROFESSIONAL athlete, in really any popular American sport, but for the sake of argument let's take baseball. A-Rod openly admits (after blatant lies initially) to taking performance enhancing drugs in order to "deal with the weight of the world on his shoulders in Texas" and then parlays that into the most lucrative contract in baseball with the good 'ol Yankee's...More accurately a contract for results based on lies and cheating. And to MOST of the AMERICAN PUBLIC this is OK!!! You say no? Well, I will believe it when I see baseball attendance slip and sponsors pull out in the same fashion as has occurred in cycling.


"But wait" you say, "Baseball is as American as apple pie! You must be anti-American if you can't see that these athletes are under a tremendous amount of pressure, and they admitted their mistakes, and this and that and over and over..." I DON'T CARE! WTF! You hypocritical bastards! Even a RUMOR of doping in pedaling and sponsors are reviewing budgets and making cuts to professional cyclists, teams, events, you name it...oh but wait, I forgot, cycling is SO MUCH EASIER and MUCH less stressful. Thus the higher pressure to dope in baseball right? Let's see, in a worst case scenario in baseball you get beaned with a small white ball. It hurts. You take a base. Ok, I know an injury could take you out of the game. Boo Hoo.


In cycling (or perhaps my favorite, motocross) the smallest mis-calculation can leave you with a lot more than a welt, it can leave you dead...Ahhh, that's why they make the big bucks...oh wait, that's not true. How much does A-Rod make, $24 million per year? (Why don't I sell this guy a house in Pebble Beach! How's that for dirty money...)


It's the ball players that fill the stadiums with people validating their cheating and lies by their mere presence and support, again, while the slightest allegation of "anything that could lead to performance enhancement" results in utter catastrophe for cycling...I hope you haven't been taking any naps...and certainly, don't refuel with a post ride protein shake you big bad cheater...that could certainly make you faster and stronger.


In the interest of time (and wanting to get some of that performance enhancing SLEEP) I won't even go into the impact on kids or how this attitude is not just limited to sports...my oh my, I SURE DO believe that honesty and the straight arrow will get you ahead in business, just look at all my rich pals flying around in private jets' laughing at us for buying into their contrived financial schemes...nope, instead I'll continue plowing ahead in my Pollyanna little view of the world, where hopefully my favorite saying still has some ring of truth...no matter how muted...


YOU GET OUT OF IT, WHAT YOU PUT INTO IT. THERE ARE NO SHORTCUTS.


So what do I propose? Well, I wish I was captain of the universe and it would matter. But since I'm not, then it just doesn't mater. So instead, I'll just continue to ramble my obnoxious, opinionated babble and if you disagree, then you can let me know and I'll take it into consideration. But, until then, I can think of about 24 Million reasons why A-rod is a schmuck.


No comments: