Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Piles of Bikes...

Sometimes, you make love and sometimes it's quick and dirty. Last night was love...ok, maybe more of a rant, but a work of love none-the-less. Tonight, there is a ton to do so it's quick and dirty...but still enjoyable, some would even argue more so...

AAAaannywaaaay, the reason is this: Bri brought her SHINY, BEAUTIFUL, carbon fiber bike that I prepped So nicely home and now it basically looks like...how can I put this nicely? Um, it looks like a big ball of shit...and sounds worse! So, I've got my hands full with that tonight. Frank, I think I will be buying a few more parts tomorrow...

And for those of you who didn't know (well, everyone except for Greg) I went out on a nice little Roadie ride last night after having given the Rocket (duh, my road bike!) a SUPER bath. She was looking fast and I was feeling good! My shifting was problematic, so I kept fiddling with my barrel adjuster and that was working about as good as a nice tasty eggplant for dessert (NOT GOOD!) so in typical Butler fashion I was like "F it, lets just ride". So we get to the bottom of Barloy canyon and I go to shift and it's like "KaaaBLING" and I look at Greg and pretty much just say "I am pretty sure that I'm screwed right now!

The long and short of it is this. My bike was stuck in the HARDEST possible gear to ride and I was pretty much at an intersection where everything is downhill...errr, maybe the opposite. So, basically last night was about as much fun as game night with that annoying inlaw that you hate. On a less personal note, I need to wrap this up. So my FAVORITE piece of advice regarding this situation and how to fix the broken cable and run the new cable came from a very good and reputable friend and it went something like this:

"Brian, in life, important things come down to getting something into the right hole."

Hmmm, well, I certainly don't need to be told twice. I've got that one logged in the ol' memory banks, hope you do to! Off to the garage!

No comments: